After viewing both the Chinese and English broadcast of 'Your Vote Matters', we can double and triple confirm that PAP ungentlemanly politics is one of their election strategies. We know how after fixing WP since they won over Aljunied in the last election, they have been hitting below the belt non stop on WP lapse which root cause is due to PAP 'legalised' underhand policies to disadvantage alternate parties.
In the Chinese broadcast, Sim Ann took pot shots again at WP Town Council management lapse. In the English broadcast, Lawrence Wong told an old one-sided story to discredit SDP, Mr Chee. Sim and Lawrence resemble smiling tigers.
Basically this year PAP election strategies can be summarised as follow :
1) evoke past memories of the good old days, as the first decade after our independence where we did remarkably well. Please lah - we have eyes to see how we have deteriorated over the recent decade!
2) non-stop milking of a dead politician - after been bombarded 24/7 for the whole week with his image/voice after his passing, his image and voice still haunt us over the media every day. Hello - not everyone respect or like him lah. For those who do, there is no need to over milk, as even live cow will dry up, and this is a dead one! For those who don't buy into the story of this dead man sold by PAP, it is a real turn off.
3) spreading millions all around in the name of subsidy and SG 50 celebration goodies. This is an old trick, we the citizens are familiar with. Thus, it effectiveness is in doubt for alternate parties supporters. For PAP supporters, no need to waste so much money as a package of chicken rice will do.
4) the fear factor - so we have the Chan and Lawrence telling us during the broadcast of economy and financial threats, terrorist threat,....... But do they not realise what we fear most is one party dominance which resulted in abuse of power, legalising everything from their own million $ salary, controlling our CPF money, throwing teenage into jail, ......the list can go on and on.
5) mud slinging - every PAP politician who goes on air or speak to media will take pot shot at WP. From the broadcast, looks like they will throw more mud at other alternate parties too. They have done that in the past pretty successfully. But in this age of internet, it may back fire. Perhaps they should remember that those who throw muds have dirty hands too.